As you probably know, I’m a huge fan of Bluehost. If your looking to start a cheap WordPress blog I highly recommend Bluehost. Bluehost is a great web host and I personally have had a great experience with them. Bluehost is definitely one of the biggest and easiest companies that can literally take you from nothing to a WordPress blog in less than 5 minutes. However, they have changed their process lately, which made it even EASIER for people to sign up and create a WordPress blog.
Since I have started blogging it has opened up new door for me that I never thought possible. I am able to work from home, I can travel whenever I want, I have a flexible schedule and more. I am absolutely loving life and I can’t believe how much my life has improved. Bluehost is one of the top web hosting companies in 2018 and you can start and you can start your own blog with them for as low as $2.75 a month (this low price is through my link only)! Also, if you sign up using my link, then you will get your domain for free if you purchase a 12 month or longer hosting plan (a $15 value). I highly recommend signing up for the 12 month hosting plan through Bluehost. It’s affordable and you can save a lot of money by signing up for at least 12 months. If you want a better deal, the best value would be purchasing a 36 month plan, as your monthly rate is much lower over the long run.
How to start a WordPress Blog on Bluehost
Register your Domain Name
The very first thing you will need to do when starting a WordPress blog on Bluehost is to think about what you want your domain name to be. This can be tough, and I would give some serious thought to this.
You can get your domain name directly through Bluehost. Like I said earlier they make it fairly easier for you. If you do this, you can get a FREE domain for the first year as long as you buy 12 months worth of Bluehost web hosting. This makes it well worth it to sign up for at least 12 months of hosting as you will be saving a good amount of money this way. You also get a cheaper monthly price when you buy at least 12 months of hosting, so the free domain just makes it even better. If you want an even better deal, the best value would be purchasing a 36 month plan, as your monthly rate is much lower over the long run.
2. Buy hosting for your blog
When you are ready to create your blog, follow the steps below to buy hosting for your blog.
- Go to Bluehost and click the “Get Started Now” button.
- Click on the package you are interested in.
- Enter your domain name you registered with earlier, or sign up for a new domain name here.
- Enter your personal and payment information.
- Next you will be asked to enter a password. Make sure it’s secure as this information is very important.
3. Install WordPress on Bluehost.
This part isn’t hard at all. Bluehost makes it very easy to create a WordPress blog and it is FREE.
- After you create your password, Bluehost guides you through exactly what you need to do in order to start a blog.
- First, Bluehost will ask you to pick a theme. You can just pick a random one here or find one that you actually like. You can change it later so it’s not a big deal or just scroll to the bottom and skip this step. Remember, there are many free ones too!
- Click on “Start Building”
- On the next screen, you can choose “Business” or “Personal” – it’s up to you. Or, you can click the “I don’t need help.”
Thats its you’ve officially completed the process of creating your first blog. Although, you will have to work on the design and producing high-quality content, of course. Congrats!!!